Relationships and friendships are hardddddddddd. Its even harder balancing the books and keeping your friends and other half happy.

There is nothing worse then being branded with the:  ‘you’re always with your boyfriend’, and its even worse when your boyfriend ‘never sees you’ because you’re always with your girls.
I’d be lying if I said its easy to strike the right balance, but once you do, everything works wonders.
Firstly : make time for yourself!
Its easy to forget about yourself when you are so busy worrying about everyone else, so take some time, whether that be running a bath, reading a book, catching up on your latest tv series or even having a nap. Keeping up to date with you is vital to maintain other healthy relationships.

Secondly : make date nights
I swear by date nights. They are a great way to make a night for just you and your man. Go to your favourite restraurant, see the film you’ve been dying to see or to keep it within budget, cook a romantic meal and snuggle on the sofa. Keep phones at bay and make time for just each other.

Thirdly : girlie evenings on the regular
Just like date nights, make a evening for just you and your girls. Gossip, catch up and do all things girly. Nights out and drinks can make a perfect getaway for you and your girls. and keep phones and boyfriends out of it.

Fourthly : don’t be afraid to mix friends and boyfriend
Some couples will go out together and some don’t. Every couple is differnet and would rather not mix friends and boyfriend. But don’t be afraid to mix your two circles. If you want to feel more comfortable with your relationships, mix and mingle your friends, boyfriend and his friends. It can be a easy way to kill two birds with one stone, and make your friends more understanding and accepting of your relationship.

Remember: If he’s kicking off when you spend time with friends, make him realise this is time for him to spend time with his fiends and family. If your boyfriend is spending too much time with his friends and not you, the balance isn’t there – maybe he doesn’t have his priorities right? I believe your true friends aren’t the ones you have to see every day, and will still maintain a good friend. If yours demand too much time and don’t support your relationship – maybe they’re not true friends.

Remain: Truthful. Tell your other half and friends you are trying and they should be supportive and helpful in helping you strike the best balance for them as well as yourself.

What do you think?
Do you struggle at finding the balance?
Or is it a natural balance?
Let me know and comment below.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Insta
X

17 responses to “How to : balance friendships and your relationship.”

1. Sara Nielsen says:

Great post! I have found this a little difficult, so these tips really help!

2. Shannon W-H says:

I agree balancing out the two are super hard! Thankyou for the the tips, i've just come across your blog and might i say it's super cute;) i absoloutly love the design!

• charlotte says:

It can be can't it!!! Awh thank you so much, I hope you check out some of my upcoming posts, think I will be posting more relationship related.

X

3. Jessica Keen says:

This is a fab post- I'd definitely recommend doing alphabet dates for date nights! My partner and I do alternate letters and it means you can do things that are really fun and creative! X

4. Iva Ilieva says:

Great post! The tips you gave are really helpful!
    I'm starting a August Fit Camp my blog Purfay and I would love it if you check it out and tell me what you think! Thank you! ♥

5. Alice Young says:

I've actually never had too much trouble balancing my friendships and my relationship, but I see how it could get difficult. This is a really great post, and so helpful!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• charlotte says:

I don't think I've struggled as much, but I know how difficult it is being both the friend and the one trying to balance the books. Ahh thankyou! xx

6. I am having my first serious relationship, eventho we are together for 1 yr, I still find it hard to find time for my friends and my boyfriend, thank you for your tips

7. Great tips! So important to make time for everyone, and also fitting some alone time too! 🙂

8. Emily Thorpe says:

This isn't something I think I personally struggle with, but can definitely see how others might! So this is a really helpful post. 🙂

17 Comments
August 3rd, 2015

Firstly : make time for yourself!

Secondly : make date nights

Thirdly : girlie evenings on the regular

Fourthly : don’t be afraid to mix friends and boyfriend

What do you think?
Do you struggle at finding the balance?
Or is it a natural balance?
Let me know and comment below.

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Insta
X

17 responses to “How to : balance friendships and your relationship.”

1. Sara Nielsen says:

Great post! I have found this a little difficult, so these tips really help!

2. Shannon W-H says:

• charlotte says:

X

3. Jessica Keen says:

4. Iva Ilieva says:

Great post! The tips you gave are really helpful!

5. Alice Young says: