This blog post title seems rather patronising, and I apologise in advance. However, as part of my How to : series, I thought this topic is rather a important one!
We all get wrapped up in our lives far too much, bogging ourselves down with so many chores and things we need to do, it can be hard to find some time for ourselves.
Matter of fact, many of us forget that we should be trying to find some time for ourselves, whether it be once a week or month!
You’ve got to be selfish once in a while right?
So whilst all this may be slightly obvious, I hope it may help some of you remember that looking after yourself should be obvious!
- Bubble baths and face masks : Its almost once a week I run myself a hot bubble bath and slather a good facemask, whether winter or summer. Its a great time to read a good book and just take a little breather.
- Eat well : I write this as I’m eating my weight in chocolate, but hey! Eating your five a day and drinking plenty of water is good enough to keep yourself on the right track to a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise : Many of my friends who are obsessed with the gym say their best way to relax is a good work out session. Whilst Im no way near being a gym-a-holic, I can understand how a good work out and gym session is a brilliant way to look after yourself. It can even trigger a good nights sleep!
- Sleep well : A good nights sleep can cure anything, from a hangover to feeling sorry for yourself. Get a good 6hours sleep every night to keep energy levels at a ideal level.
- Unwind regularly : Do something that relaxes you every day. It may be catching up with the latest Keeping up the Kardashians, baking some cakes, reading a book or binging on Netflix. Whatever it may be, make sure you create the time for you to unwind and relax.
- Reduce stress : Everyone has some element of stress in their life. Work, children, relationships, they can all offer a element of stress. The trick is to try and reduce it as much as possible. Don’t stress over things you can’t change. And those you can, adapt and alter the situation.
So, instead of overlooking your own self, and using every waking hour doing the things you ‘should’ and ‘need’ to do, take a moment and do something that will keep you in better check.
Do you look after yourself regulary? If so, what do you do to make sure your in check? Let me know, and comment below!