So I haven’t managed to read myself a new book in donkey’s years!! There was a time where I always had a new book on the go, but in recent times I have been lacking in the reading department.
My most recent reads include Gone Girl and The Fault in our stars. As you many of you know, there have even been movie adaptations of both books, so it has been a while!
- The Great Gatsby : A timeless classic that, since I watched the film (yes I did it in the wrong order),I’ve wanted to read the book. I bought it months ago and yet I still havaen’t read it!
- Sharp Objects / Dark Places : Since I loved Gone Girl and Gillian Flynn’s writing style, I have been eager to read her other books, they’re on my must read pretty soon list!
- Oliver Twist : Again, another timeless classic I still haven’t got round to reading, and another childhood story I adored.
- The Perks of being a wallflower : Since reading The fault in our stars, I have been told Its a must read, so its on my list, naturally.
- Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit : Haven’t even watched the films, so I thought I’d start with the books, but since I love Game of Thrones, Im sure I’d love these all the same. I think I’ll be reading along time though!
- Winnie the Pooh : Its a childhood favourite, and I’ve read it before, but hey Its still a must read. You’re never too old for some Winnie the Pooh!
- Lolita : Yes, this is another that I have read, but Its one I would happily read again and again. A rather strange story of a peadophile, yet brilliant literature all the same.
- The Girl in the spiders web : I read all the books in the girl with the dragon tatoo saga, so a sequal is sure to be just as good. Its on my read list for sure.
- Our Story – The Kray twins : Legend has recently been released and I have been eager to read this before I visited the cinema. Since I haven’t done that yet, I believe I still have some time to have a read.
Hopefully, with some of my to read books already on my shelf waiting to be read, I hope by christmas I’ll be able to tick some off, and add the others to my Christmas wish list.
Do you have some recent reads you think I should add to my list? Maybe some ideas for my Christmas wishlist? Let me know and comment below