Who doesn’t have at least one that you can bitch with, eat ice cream with, borrow clothes from and get scared on the sofa with when watching SAW.
Since moving to University, starting a career and general adult life getting in the way, friend dynamics have changed A LOT and I have come to realise what makes the perfect friend for a life-long friendship!!
- You are yourself – However mad that may seem. Heck you’re probably as wacky as each other.
- Share the same interests – Including Harry Potter to no end. You’ll watch it over and over if you have to.
- You share everything – Including that weirdo you went on a date with, or a drunken embarrassment. There is no shame.
- Their family is your family – Birthday meals, Christmas parties, you’re there!!
- Obvs they’re gonnah be your maid of honor – Its okay to have the maid of honor and not the groom yet, promise!
- Working out together happens sometimes – Not as much as eating chocolate though!
- Sharing a bed after a messy night is a usual occurrence – Its not a hang over if you don’t wake up next to your BFF.
- If its not in your wardrobe, its probably in theirs
- You know their favorites – Food, drink, take-away, colour. You even know their brand of shampoo.
- Texting when next to each other – Its just easier and sometimes your other friends don’t need to hear this dirty tale.
- Its okay if you’re not together everyday – But when you are, that’s alright too!
- When you haven’t talked but then you do, its just how its always been!
- She hates her, so you do too. – Its just girl logic!
- They are there no matter what, whatever the time, situation or place! They got your back and you got theirs.
Friendship is one of the most important things in our lives and Huggle has asked me to make this list about what I think makes a good friend. Huggle is a social app which helps you to discover and connect with people who go to the places you go. It’s a wonderful app for making friends and meeting like-minded people. You can download it here.