What is summer without a good ‘ol cocktail ay?
I am a lover of all things fruity, refreshing & tangy with either vodka or Malibu.
As always, you don’t need to have alcohol, but a virgin Pina Colada doesn’t quiet hit the spot after a long old week ahead of a weekend.
So what’s a good cocktail for a Summer Saturday BBQ ? A home made one. Here’s a couple I have every summer.
1: A classic Mojito
This is just summer in a glass! What is better than the sweet, bitterness taste of a home made mojito.
For this you will need :
2 parts Bacardi
½ fresh lime
12 fresh mint leaves
2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
Dash of soda water
To Garnish: Sprig of Fresh Mint
How to :
- Put the four lime wedges into a glass, then add the sugar and muddle (squish everything together) to release the lime juice
- Put the mint leaves on one hand and clap. This bruises the leaves and releases the aroma. Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop them in. Use a muddler, bar spoon (or even a rolling pin) to gently push the mint down into the lime juice
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the Bacardi. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves
- Top up with crushed ice, a splash of the soda water and garnish it with a sprig of mint.
2: Super Strawberry Daquari
Refreshing and alcoholic. Sweet and satisfying, literally.
For this you will need:
How to :
- Blend the strawberries then push the resulting puree through a sieve to remove some of the seeds. Tip the sieved puree into the blender again and add the ice, rum and lime juice. Blend again and divide the mixture between 2 Martini glasses.
- Thread the lime slices and strawberry halves onto the cocktail sticks and place onto the edge of the glass, serve immediately.