Its something I am looking forward to more than anything. Being able to sit on a sandy beach or by a pool and be completely relaxed and a married women!! Its crazy to think it won’t be that far away, so brainstorming destinations is a must when even thinking of the honeymoon.
When looking at your honeymoon, it’s really easy to get overwhelmed and panicky. As with everything wedding, you want it to be perfect, nor make any mistakes or miss a trick.
With that in mind, I have been brainstorming our honeymoon for a fair few months, looking at resorts, destinations and excursions to make it the perfect balance of relaxation and exploration we desire from our break.
So where is there to go, what is there to do and how budget friendly is it?
Well, I’ve devised a little subsection post covering all bases you and your new boo might possibly want from a honeymoon, whatever time of year, whatever adventure you want to embark on!
Sun, sea & sand – Exotic
Everyone needs a little relaxation, especially after the world wind of you wedding day, as well as the stress and pressure of preparing for such a huge important life step.
So what’s better than drinking a Pina Colada on a warm sunny beach? Exactly. If you’re looking for complete relaxation, these are the places to go!
– Mexico – Heat in abundance and a couple of tourism hot spots if you get bored of endless cocktails on the beach!
– Barbados – Ramp it up with a stop over in any other Caribbean jewel!
– Cape Verde – The perfect combination of Sun, Sea, sand and perfect resorts!
– Mauritius – Perfect and luxurious resorts aplenty for newly weds. As well as endless beaches and gorgeous scenery! A must for a relaxing break!
Exploring / Travelling
Fancy exploring somewhere different, unique and with some culture? There are some beautiful and unique places to visit on your honeymoon, giving you the ultimate feels of once in a lifetime and forever lasting memories. Here are a few places well worth exploring offering both relaxation and sights!!!
– Thailand – Start in Bangkok, relax in Koh Samiu and end in Krabi!
– Bali – Perfect combination of beach, tranquillity and culture! Go, go go!
– California – you might even pop over to Hawaii. Route 66 is always a good choice!
– Australia – There’s just so much to explore and experience. You’ll never want to go home!
Cities are romantic and rammed with stuff to do as newly appointed Husband and Wife. Some of us much prefer city life, so why not explore and experience a city together for your honeymoon? Pair with a pit stop to a beach town or resort and you have the perfect honeymoon! Here’s some cities worth the trip as newly-weds!
– Paris – What’s more honeymoon like than sharing time away in the most romantic city? Visit Nice if you want to truly relax and get the best of both worlds!
– New York – The city never sleeps and neither will you. Whatever season, New York has everything you could want from a city. You can even venture to the Hamptons if you’re looking for a breather from the madness.
– Singapore – A tropical climate with plenty to keep you occupied including shopping galore and universal studios!
Close to home
Some times you want to just jump on a 3 hour flight and be instantly in holiday mode. If you’re not feeling a long haul flight, or would prefer to blow the budget on hotel rather than flights (something’s got to give), than a closer to home alternative is the one for you. Honeymoon’s don’t have to be going as far away as possible, some beautiful spots can be found just a stones throw away.
– Spain – Tapas, beer and beach. Anything more you need?
– Balearic’s – Ibiza, Majorca or Menorca. Wherever you settle you have the gorgeous med to soak up!
– France – French Riveria or even Paris. Just a mere train journey and you’re enjoying newly wedded bliss.
– Italy – so much to experience including copious amounts of pizza and pasta.
Who says you even to venture far from home. Whether it’s a trip up North, Midlands or South, the UK have some gorgeous hot spots to unwind and start married life.
– Edinburgh – Is there any where more striking in the UK than Edinburgh? No, exactly!
– Cornwall – It’s our holiday hot spot to catch some sea breeze and the perfect place to start married life.
– Lake District – Take in the breath taking scenery from the comfort of your own cabin. Perfect breathing space after being surrounded by family.
So whether you’re looking for a mini-moon before the big trip, keeping it local, low key or adventure ridden, there are plenty of places to consider.